Tuesday, July 21, 2009

LILLY IS HOME

by the luckiest 'mom' in the world!

Dear Sherry and Jacque and Carol,

Lilly is Home! Please forgive me for such a long pause in communication - I decided to play hookie from work to spend a few sweet, quiet days with Lilly in Woodstock (no internet access).

She was never more than a few feet from my side - always watching me intently. On the 3 hr ride up to Ma, she perched on the arm rest with her head nearly on my shoulder. She was beginning to relax.

Lilly is cuddled beside me now as I write - with the most soulful eyes I've ever seen. She is a joy. True to her name, a special lady - dainty and elegant - and with a Brave Heart.

We have all settled in together at home in Brimfield today - having a romp in the orchard with her new pack, Lilly was tolerant of the sniffing and attention - but held her own. In the house, Lilly gracefully endured some unpleasant behaviors from Izzy (17lb 10 yr old female Boston Terror) and Bindu (Big, 1 yr old spayed, female rescue) and a cold shoulder from Hudson (Bigger, 4 yr old intact male). I wish I could tell you that our canines offered a warm welcome, but despite their initial inhospitable behaviors, Lilly is not in retreat - she bravely stands by me, polite, but firm.

Lilly has 3 new feline friends (we are relieved she doesn't chase them) - and didn't chase the chickens! I will post photos as soon as I am able. We are thrilled to have Lilly here with us, and I beleive she is beginning to feel at home.

I thank you all for sending Lilly to us - much more news to come!

In thanks, Amy

2 comments:

Sherry Conisbee said...

Hi Amy, I had difficulty posting this, eyes full of tears and the beginnings of the 'hhrrph hhhrrrppphs' that us girlies are prone to at emotional times like this.

Such wonderful news and we all knew you would see in her exactly what we do - a great dog with nice manners.

My own 3 gave her an unwelcome welcome too but took only few days for them to stop quibbling over who sits where, whose toy is whose. Hugs to them all and wishing them plenty of orchard romps.

Will never be able to thank you enough, Sherry xxx

Unknown said...

I am so happy and relieved to see this post, knowing that Lilly is gonna blend in well into her new family...

Do post some pics of her..miss her so much